Monday 24 September 2012

Beeetroot, mackerel and lentil salad

For dinner, we had this.

I won't post the whole recipe again, just follow the link and enjoy.

I reduced the quantities a bit for the sake of WeightWatchers points (we find that 80g lentils, dry weight, is enough between two) and we had a whole smoked mackerel from the excellent Sussex Smokers in the freezer so we used that rather than fillets.  Also, I used pre-cooked beetroot - I know fresh is nicer, but I'm on nights and I just couldn't be bothered.  It was dry tarragon as well I'm afraid, although fresh would be better if you can find it.

I admit to using an egg-poacher, too.  I am capable of poaching eggs properly, but I do sometimes break them and we only had two eggs left so I didn't want to take the risk.



It's delicious.  Delicate flavours melting together, and a lovely contrast of flavours and temperatures.  I'm starting to think that there's nothing that can't be improved be an egg yolk running through it.

With the quantities we used, this is 14 WeightWatchers ProPoints.  For some reason mackerel counts very high, and smoked mackerel even higher.  I'm not sure this is correct... your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment