Wednesday 10 September 2014

Pork buns

We had roast belly pork last night, mostly so that I could have a stab at making this item (opens in YouTube) that I saw on TV.


It gave me a chance not only to cook prawn crackers (which was great fun) but also to play with two new kitchen gadgets, a food processor and a set of Chinese bamboo steamers, bought from one of the stalls in the Open Market in Brighton.  I wasn't so obsessive about using local independent shops when I lived here before, but I wish I had been - I reckon if you live or work in walking distance of Brighton or Hove you'd never need to set foot in a supermarket again.



Mine didn't turn out as neat as Jamie's, mostly because my dough was unbelievably sticky, but they were tasty if a little heavy - I'd cut the quantities right down next time, this would easily have fed six.

No comments:

Post a Comment