Monday 24 October 2011

Puff pastry pizza

This is an old idea, but a good one - especially when you want something quick and easy!  It's is barely even a recipe, but I think I'm allowed to let the creative juices run a bit low when I'm working nights.

Here goes:

Take your ready-rolled, supermarket puff pastry.



Put whatever toppings you like in the middle, leaving a gap around the edge.  We went for plain and simple today: just tomato, mozzarella and a drizzle of olive oil, with salt, pepper and basil for seasoning.


I've only got small baking trays, so I made two individual ones.

Bake in the oven on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper at 190C for about 20 minutes until the pastry is golden-brown.


Enjoy!



Financial verdict

Pack of mozzarella - £1.25
Pack of puff pastry - £1.50
Tomatoes - about 60p

£1.68 per portion

The skinny
Put toppings on ready-rolled pastry, cook in oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment